- $995* Up to 100 pages reviewed of medical records as a confidential work product report – (step 1 of our 2-step process)
- $1.75 for each additional page of medical records
- $3 – $6 for the review of deposition transcripts, research material as well as x-ray images.
- The review of items on CD (x-ray, MRI, CTs, etc.) ranges from $100 – $700 per CD. The cost to review these and other materials on CDs will be determined by our Director based on the type and volume of material required for review and the expert witness.
- $695—$3695 Depending on the specialty of the expert, time spent, the complexity of the case, etc., this fee is paid after you have an unsigned supportive written and/or verbal opinion and you need the signed report, and/or name and CV of the Expert Witness. We try to keep this cost in the lower range, as our goal is to build a long-standing relationship with you and contain your costs for case reviews and Expert Witnesses. This 2-step process helps keep the upfront cost of your expert witnesses at a minimum.
- Additional costs for all future services from the expert, including any addendum reports, affidavits, declarations, certificates of merit, deposition, and trial testimony, are pre-paid by you or your client directly to each Expert.
*Step 1 of our fee schedule is for a confidential work product report (verbal or in writing, not both) and for this greatly reduced rate, we do not disclose the name, CV and or supply a “signed report”, simply an unsigned copy; under step two of our fee schedule, you get the name, CV and signed report. Some experts, depending on the type of specialty and specific request may fall outside the reduced $995 rate for step one. Please note that if an expert is unable to formulate an accurate opinion based on the records/material provided and requires to conduct additional research to obtain necessary information to render an opinion or answer specific questions by the client, our standard two-step process and our reduced rate may not apply, and additional fees will be required. This scenario would be subject to a different fee schedule and determined on a case by case basis. Please call for details, see section (***) below for more information.
***If a specific request such as the location, school affiliation, etc., of an expert, our reduced fee schedule may not apply. If missing documents are requested to complete the review or sent to American Medical Experts after the review of your case has begun, or if additional work is requested, hourly rates will be applied and billed (Complete Case Review $600 per hour and Expert Witness Reports rates are based on the Medical Expert’s fee schedule). In many cases, the items for review will be billed and payment must be received prior to the review of the materials. In some cases, as with additional work or research requested, the billing may be after the work is complete. The time (hours for review) for additional documents to be reviewed will be based on an approximate time frame from our Director at a minimum of 1 hour. If the time to review the documents exceeds the approximate time, payment for the additional time will be required prior to releasing the report(s) to the Attorney. In addition, IMEs, Accident reconstruction cases/bio-medical engineering, life care planning/Economist reports, Vaccination cases, Forensic Pathologist Experts, Neurosurgeons and Cardiovascular Surgeons, have a separate fee schedule arrangement due to the extensive nature, time involved and expert rates in these cases; please call our office for details. *If a specific request such as the location, school affiliation, etc., of an expert, our reduced fee schedule may not apply.
As you know, American Medical Experts, LLC cannot guarantee the availability of the experts as well as the opinions of any expert, how well they will do under cross-examination, or how they will do in deposition or trial testimony and we cannot guarantee their level of future cooperation.
The retaining attorney is expected to furnish all relevant documents and materials to the expert witness directly as they are obtained and to provide all requested documents, materials and examinations as discovery rules permit; this is not the responsibility of American Medical Experts.
Please note that all future arrangements for this Expert’s anticipated professional time and services, including any additional written reports/ addendum reports, deposition, travel, and trial testimony, are pre-paid by you or your client; please contact our office right away to get dates, times and requirements so we can check and try and secure the expert’s availability. The retaining attorney is expected to furnish all relevant documents and materials to the expert witness directly as they are obtained and to provide all requested documents, materials and examinations as discovery rules permit; this is not the responsibility of American Medical Experts.
*The value of sending a comprehensive (complete) set of medical records and studies cannot be stressed enough. The Experts cannot comment on information that has not been provided to them for review. What you consider unimportant may be crucial in aiding the Expert Witness in establishing their opinion. We, therefore, discourage culling of the records prior to sending them to us. Call our staff for assistance in determining what records are essential for review.